11 July 2008

Can anybody recommend some driving music?

I'd like to have a healthy compilation of traditional driving songs for the trip. So far, I've got:

  • "Life is a Highway" by Rascall Flats (I prefer their version to the original)
  • "Open Road Song" by Eve 6
  • "Route 66" by...um...the Cheetah Girls. It was the only version I could find on iTunes that I liked.
  • "Everyday is a Winding Road" by Cheryl Crow
  • "Shut Up and Drive" by Rihanna
I really think I need "I've Been Everywhere" by the late great, Johnny Cash as well. Any other recommendations out there? (Update: apparently, the original version was written by Geoff Mack with Australia-specific lyrics. Seems that Willie Nelson recorded a version as well. Regardless, I want the Johnny Cash version. Come to think of it, the PCS Wife and I should just get a best of Cash album.)

It's a 5,000+ mile drive...What should we fill the time with?

No comments: